1-2-3 Chicken Cacciatore
A classic Italian-American dish that can be as simple or fancy as you want it to be.
Yield: Serves 4
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 small green bell pepper, sliced
1 small onion, sliced
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.)
3 Tbsp. sherry or chicken broth
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 jar (1 lb. 10 oz.) Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
- Heat olive oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat and cook green pepper, onion and garlic powder 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and brown 3 minutes.
- Stir in sherry and pepper; cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in Pasta Sauce and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve, if desired, over hot cooked rice or pasta.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 540, Calories From Fat 110, Total Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 125mg, Sodium 1170mg, Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 13g, Protein 38g