Mama's Best Ever Spaghetti & Meatballs
A classic Italian-American dish that can be as simple or fancy as you want it to be.
Yield: Serves 4
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Cost per serving*: $ 1.71
Cost per recipe*: $ 6.84
* Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.Ingredients
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
1 jar (1 lb. 10 oz.) Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs and egg in medium bowl; shape into 12 meatballs.
- Bring Pasta Sauce to a boil over medium-high heat in 3-quart saucepan.
- Gently stir in uncooked meatballs. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until meatballs are done.
- Serve over hot spaghetti and garnish, if desired, with grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 540, Calories From Fat 110, Total Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 125mg, Sodium 1170mg, Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 13g, Protein 38g
Tip: Try adding a cube of mozzarella cheese to the center of each meatball for an easy but fun recipe twist.