For a little garlic flavor, season the chicken with a sprinkle of garlic powder in addition to the salt and pepper!
Yield: Serves 4
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Cost per serving*: $ 2.13
Cost per recipe*: $ 8.52
* Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
4 slices fresh or packaged mozzarella cheese (about 4 oz.)
2 Tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
2 cups Ragu® Old World Style® Margherita Smooth Pasta Sauce
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken, turning once, about 5 minutes.
- Add Pasta Sauce and simmer covered 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Top chicken with cheese, then let stand until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Garnish with basil.
- Serve, if desired, with hot cooked penne pasta topped with additional Pasta Sauce, heated.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 320, Calories From Fat 130, Total Fat 14g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 770mg, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 6g, Protein 34g