Chocolate Ice Cream and Nut Pie
Yummy homemade chocolate ice cream in a graham cracker crust makes for a luscious, refreshing summer dessert. Prepare it ahead of time for a special summer occasion.
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 5 hours and 15 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
1 1/2 cups finely chopped peanuts -- divided
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 large eggs
2 cups heavy cream -- whipped
- Combine 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, graham cracker crumbs and melted butter together. Blend well and press evenly into a 9 inch pie plate. Set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan combine water and sugar. Heat to boiling, stirring until sugar melts. Boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate chips to sugar water and stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Beat eggs together and add 1/4 cup of hot chocolate mixture to eggs. Stir quickly so eggs do not cook and add back to original chocolate mixture. Blend well.
- Fold whipped cream into chocolate and spoon half into the prepared pie shell. Top with 1/2 cup chopped peanuts.
- Add remaining chocolate mixture to top of pie. Garnish with remaining peanuts.
- Chill for 5 hours or until fully set before cutting.