Cheese crackers never looked so good. White cheddar cheese flavors these easy snacks, and a simple paprika oil provides color. Served with the right dip -- like this Red, White and Bleu Cheese Dip -- these are just the right touch for a 4th of July party.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream together butter and salt. Add shredded cheese and blend well.
- Stir in flour with a wooden spoon or hands until a stiff and smooth dough forms.
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut with a 2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter, re-rolling dough as needed.
- Mix together oil and paprika.
- Set crackers on an ungreased baking sheet and brush half of the crackers with the oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes being careful not to overbrown.
Cool completely and store in an airtight container. Eat within 1 week.See more recipes from Anne Coleman (aka Short Order Mom).