Peanut Butter & Strawberry Bars
The flavors of peanut butter and jelly with fresh strawberries makes these bars a favorite snack. The kids love helping with stirring and pressing the base into the pan and slicing strawberries with plastic knives. These are also good with a little chocolate drizzled over the top for extra flavor.
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 30 minutes
Yield: 20 bars
Cost Per Serving: 20 cents
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup strawberry preserves or jam
1 quart strawberries
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugar. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and stir well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt and add to peanut butter mixture. Stir.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the center is barely firm. Remove from oven and cool.
- While bars are baking, hull and slice strawberries. Once base is cool, spread with jam and top with sliced strawberries. Cut into 20 bars.