Strawberries & Cream Icebox Cake
Just four ingredients make this cake a real treat, in more ways than one. Fresh strawberries combine with rich sweetened condensed milk and cake for a delicious dessert. The necessary make-ahead prep makes it perfect to take along for picnics and summer parties.
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 9 hours
Yield: 12 servings
Cost Per Serving: 55 cents
1 boxed white cake mix
1 pound strawberries
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 tub (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Bake cake in a 9x13 pan according to directions. Cool.
- Poke holes in cake with a wooden spoon handle or clean chopstick.
- Pour contents of condensed milk can over cake.
- Wash strawberries and hull. Slice over top of cake.
- Cover cake and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove cake from refrigerator and top with whipped topping.