Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Who doesn't have a favorite cookie? I certainly do, and I recently asked my children what their favorites are. I was surprised that I didn't hear the ever-popular "chocolate chip" from each of them. Instead, the answers were as individual as they are. They like everything from my grandmother's Confetti Drops to Macadamia Nut. This recipe is my personal favorite and the kids certainly don't turn their noses up at it.
Hands-On Time: 20 minutes
Ready In: 40-45 minutes
Yield: 18-24 cookies
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening or margarine
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups oats (rolled or quick-not instant)
2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder together in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat butter until creamy.
- Add sugars and beat until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time and add vanilla.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet mixture until well combined.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough onto cookie sheets prepared with cooking spray.
- Bake until cookie edges turn golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.