Mini Chicken Fajita Pizzas
These pizzas have a special Southwest flair and are perfect as party appetizers or a fun kid-friendly dinner.
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour and 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
1 pound chicken tenders
1/4 cup lime juice
2 cloves garlic-minced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 cup sliced bell peppers
1/2 cup sliced onion
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
8 (6-inch) flour tortillas (See Note below)
- Mix lime juice, garlic, cumin and oregano together.
- Toss chicken with this mixture and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Sear in a hot pan until cooked through -- about 5 minutes per side.
- Cut into thin strips.
- Top a flour tortilla with salsa, cheese, chicken strips, bell pepper and onion.
- Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 10-15 minutes or until browned and cheese is melted.
Recipe Note: For a firmer tortilla base, crisp the tortillas in the oven before adding toppings for 2-3 minutes -- watching carefully to make sure they don't burn. This can be done while the marinated chicken is cooking.See more recipes from Anne Coleman (aka Short Order Mom).