Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
I am lucky enough to live in a climate that experiences, in their fullest, each season the world has to offer. Of all four, fall is my favorite. The intense aromas and colors are unmatched in any other season. The sky is never bluer and the shadows seem to take on a life all their own in autumn.
The foods of this time of year also tend to be my favorites. Apples abound, pumpkins are ripe and ovens are lit in expectation of comforting dishes.
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 40 minutes (including cooling time)
Yield: 24 muffins
1 c white sugar
1 c brown sugar
l can pumpkin (15 oz., about 2 cups)
3/4 c vegetable oil like canola
3/4 c olive oil
1 t vanilla
3 c flour
2 t baking soda
2 t baking powder
l t ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
l t salt
2 c semisweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oils until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt-add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 16 to 20 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.