Ham'n'Cheese Ranch Roll-Ups
While everyone else is into wraps these days, I'm back at roll-ups. Wraps are good, don't get me wrong; but for kids they're generally too big and too full. Little hands need something easier to get a grip on, and my kids like plain old roll-up sandwiches. This is their favorite.
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
2 eight-oz. pkgs Neufchâtel cheese, softened*
1 1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese, room temp
1 c. low or fat free mayonnaise
1 envelope Ranch dip mix
3/4 lb. shaved deli ham, chopped
3/4 c. green onion, thinly sliced*
12 (8-inch) low fat or fat free whole wheat flour tortillas
- In medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar, mayonnaise, and dip mix until well combined.
- Stir in ham and onion or cucumber.
- Spread each tortilla thinly. with ham mixture, leaving a scant 1/2-inch edge on one side.
- Roll up and wrap tightly in plastic wrap; chill well.
- Cut in half for sandwiches -- it will make 12.
- Cut these into one inch slices for appetizers.
Low fat or fat free cheeses are great for this recipe since it isn't cooked and the texture isn't so important. If your kids won't eat onions, substitute finely chopped cucumber or pickle.
These can be made a day ahead and sliced up to a few hours before serving.