Grilled Chicken Pizza
I love the challenge of something new and different, but for basic weeknight meals, just like every other parent, I need quick and delicious. Under 30 minutes is optimum, especially if you work outside the home or have kids in various extracurricular activities. Many is the night I've found myself harried and racing around the kitchen to get a meal together and still have time to trek kids back and forth to different functions.
This is where chicken comes in very handy. It's healthier than some other choices, carb-free and low-fat, and the choices are nearly endless. I'd be hard-pressed to come up with a food that doesn't go well with chicken. From marinated to rubbed, roasted to grilled, sautéed to fried, it's the easiest and quickest thing going.
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 18 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crust
2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons dry Ranch dressing mix
½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup finely grated mozzarella cheese
¼ cup seeded and chopped red pepper
¼ cup seeded and chopped plum tomato
1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Heat grill (gas or charcoal-either is fine).
- Toss chicken with one tablespoon Ranch seasoning and set aside.
- Mix mayo with the other tablespoon of seasoning and spread onto pizza crust.
- Top crust with chicken, peppers, tomatoes and sprinkle with the cheeses.
- When grill is heated, place pizza on grill over medium heat. Cover grill and cook 6 to 8 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.