Easy Chicken Quesadillas
Whether you're a food snob or not (my degree in Culinary Arts hasn't stopped me, yet), on a tight budget or have plenty of money, Aldi is worth a look. Here's a recipe I make all the time with ingredients purchased at Aldi.
Hands-On Time: 30 minutes
Ready In: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 packet taco seasoning
12 flour tortillas
1 c. each shredded cheddar cheese and shredded Monterey Jack cheese*
- Place chicken in large skillet and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer, cooking until chicken is falling apart and most liquid is absorbed.
- Shred chicken well.
- Sprinkle seasoning packet over the chicken and mix well.
- Place approximately 1/4 cup of chicken on one tortilla; spread to edges.
- Top with cheese to taste -- about 1/3 cup.
- Top with another tortilla.
- Heat -- turning once -- in a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat until well browned on both sides and cheese is melted.
Use more of less cheese, depending on your taste. Serve with salsa, sour cream, and sliced black olives.