For years, Fauna, Flora, and Merryweather retired their wands and hid their magic. But when the time to plan a fitting celebration for Aurora's sixteenth birthday drew near, the temptation to use them again proved too great. No doubt these gracious fairies would be willing to work their magic for another important occasion -- helping the princess transform the berries they asked her pick into delicious candy-coated rosebuds to present to the queen on Mother's Day.
- 1 cup white candy melts or white chocolate chips
- Microwavable mug
- Mint leaves (optional)
- Thin wooden kitchen skewers
1. Wash the strawberries and pat them dry. If the berry leaves look fresh, leave them in place. Otherwise, remove them.
2. Measure the candy melts into the microwave mug and melt them in the microwave according to the package directions. Stir the melted candy until smooth.
3. Working with one strawberry at a time, insert a wooden skewer up through the bottom. (Note: If you've removed the berry leaves, you can place a couple of mint leaves up against the bottom of the berry before inserting the skewer.) Then dip the berry into the melted candy, leaving a thin border uncoated just above the stem.
4. Arrange the skewered strawberries in a glass, not touching, and wait a few minutes for the candy to set up before serving. Makes 12 to 15 rosebuds.