Cheddar and Walnut Bread
I've heard tell of those who find the football game secondary to the tailgate party. I'm one of those people. Don't get me wrong; I love a good football game, but the fun had with others on a crisp fall day sharing our favorite hearty fall foods just can't be beat.
- Mix butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, blending after each addition.
- Sift together flours, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add to egg mixture alternately with milk. Mix well.
- Add cheese and nuts and blend until combined.
- Spoon into two greased and floured 9x5 loaf pans.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour until a toothpick inserted in the center of each loaf comes out clean.See more recipes from Anne Coleman (aka Short Order Mom).