Chicken and Pepper Egg Rolls
Reminiscent of Pepper Steak, these egg rolls aren't difficult to do and are packed with flavor. Use whatever color pepper strikes your fancy and watch the family devour them.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and add 2 Tablespoons oil. Cook chicken strips just until no longer pink. Push to one side of pan.
- Add pepper and onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add soy sauce, garlic and ginger and stir well. Cook until most liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and cool for 15 minutes. This is important; adding hot ingredients to the egg roll wrappers will cause them to break down and leak.
- Once cooled, lay several strips of chicken, onion and peppers in the center of an egg roll wrapper that has been laid on a surface with one point toward you. Fold the right point over and under the filling. Fold the top and bottom points down and roll from right to left, securing the left point with a touch of water.
Repeat with all wrappers and filling. Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry egg rolls, turning over once during cooking, until golden brown. Drain on paper toweling.
NoteSee more recipes from Anne Coleman (aka Short Order Mom).
Alternately these can be baked in the oven at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until browned.