Lime Angel Food Cake
Fluffy Angel Food Cake takes on a new twist with the addition of lime juice and zest. Paired with a simple raspberry sauce, this cake is at once delicate and decadent.
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 60 (including cooling time)
Yield: 12 servings
10 -12 large egg whites (about 1 1/2 cups)l
2 teaspoons lime juice
1 cup granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon lime zest
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together flour and powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Combine egg whites and lime juice in a large bowl. Beat until soft peaks form.
- Stir together granulated sugar and lime zest. Add by the tablespoon to egg whites and continue to beat, adding until all sugar is gone, until stiff peaks form.
- Fold flour and powdered sugar into stiff-beaten egg whites in four small additions.
- Turn out into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly.
- Turn pan over and cool with cake still inside pan. Cool completely.
- Remove from pan gently and serve with Raspberry Sauce.
Hands-On Time: 1 minute
Ready In: 1 minute
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
1 1/2 cups seedless red raspberry preserves
2 Tablespoons lime juice
- Microwave preserves for 30 seconds until warm. This may take more or less time depending on your microwave.
- Stir well until smooth.
- Add lime juice and stir until well combined.