I've taken my traditional tuna cakes recipe and revamped it replacing salted top saltines, whole egg and baking rather than frying. The result is just as delicious but far healthier.
Hands-On Time: 5 minutes
Ready In: 21 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
2 cans (6 1/2 ounces each) tuna in water - undrained
1 sleeve no salt tops saltines - crushed
2 egg whites
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons each finely diced red, yellow and green pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place crushed saltines in a bowl and add tuna with water, egg whites, soy sauce and garlic powder. Mix until well blended.
- Add peppers and stir until well distributed.
- Form mixture into 8 evenly sized patties and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes and turn over. Bake for another 8 minutes.