A mine isn't the only place you can unearth precious gems. The kitchen is where you'll find the makings for these rich and tasty nuggets. Besides being quick to whip up (there's no baking involved) they're great for providing an energy boost for flagging little princesses and groggy elves -- Sleepy included.
1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
2 tablespoons of peanut butter*
1/4 cup raspberry jam
*Note: To make these treats without peanut butter, simply add 2 more marshmallows.
- Cover a plate with waxed paper. Then, measure 1 cup of the graham cracker crumbs into a mixing bowl and the remaining 1/4 cup into a small bowl. Add the mini chocolate chips (if you're using them) to the large bowl of crumbs. Set the plate and both bowls aside for now.
- Heat the peanut butter, raspberry jam, and marshmallows in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring continually, just until the mixture melts and becomes a smooth sauce.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir the sauce into the cup of graham cracker crumbs.
- Using clean hands, roll a tablespoon of the crumb mixture into a ball. Then roll the ball in the reserved crumbs and set it on the waxed paper. Repeat this step with the rest of the crumb mixture.
- Gently push an M&M down into the center of each ball. Makes 12.