Christmas Carol's Holiday Nog and Ornament Coaster
It isn't easy being a coal elf. After a long day in the mines, the crew likes to head over to Christmas Carol's for a round of refreshments. This nutmeg-topped holiday nog, served on festive ornament coasters, is a real crowd fave.
For a Christmas Carol's Ornament Coaster:
- Christmas Carol's Ornament Coaster Template
- Red cardstock or scrapbook paper
- Scrap of gold or silver craft paper
- Glue stick
- Self-adhesive laminating sheet (sold at office supply stores)
- Thin decorative cording (optional)
1. Print out the template and use it to cut an ornament shape from red cardstock or scrapbook paper.
2. Glue a strip of gold paper around the stem of the ornament.
3. Seal the coaster between squares cut from a self-adhesive laminating sheet. Then trim away the excess lamination, leaving a minimum margin of 3/8 inch around the paper.
4. For the finishing touch, tie a length of decorative cording in a loop and use a small piece of laminating sheet to stick the ends to the back of the ornament stem.
For a mug of Christmas Carol's Holiday Nog:
- 1.5 to 2 tablespoons vanilla or French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of nutmeg
1. In a quart-size measuring cup or a mixing bowl with a spout, combine the pudding mix and milk; whisk until the two are well blended and frothy. Stir in the vanilla extract.
2. Chill the nog until serving time. Then pour it into a cold mug, sprinkle nutmeg on top, and serve.
Tip: For an adult version of this holiday drink, you can add a splash of rum or rum extract to taste.