Magee's Command Center Coaster & Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
As Coordinator of the North Pole Christmas Eve Command Center, Magee is ready for a little something special to reward herself with on the big night. Your elves will enjoy a cupful of peppermint white hot chocolate as much as her -- especially atop a Command Center radar screen coaster.
For Magee's Command Center Coaster:
- Magee's Command Center Coaster Template
- Cardstock or other craft paper (light green, dark green, and red)
- Glue stick
- Self-adhesive laminating sheet (sold at office supply stores)
1. Print the template and use it to cut the shapes from the specified colors of cardstock or craft paper.
2. Glue the dark green outer circle atop the light green outer circle, and the dark green inner circle atop the light green inner one. (In both cases, the lighter circles should create a thin border around the others.)
3. Glue the inner pair atop the outer pair. Then glue the red house shape onto the center to complete a radar screen image like the one Magee monitors at the P&L Command Center.
4. Seal the coaster between squares cut from a self-adhesive laminating sheet. Then trim away the excess lamination, leaving a minimum margin of 3/8 inch around the paper.
For a mug of Magee's Peppermint White Hot Chocolate:
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons light cream or half-and-half
- Candy cane
- Pinch of red sugar crystals
1. Heat the milk and chips over low heat, stirring all the while, just until the chips melt. Remove the pan from the heat.
2. Add the cream or half-and-half and whisk the mixture until it is frothy.
3. Pour the warmed milk into a cup or mug and add a candy cane stirrer. Sprinkle red sugar crystals on top and serve.Tip: For an adult hot toddy version of this holiday drink, you can stir in a short pour of coffee-flavored syrup or liqueur in place of the sugar crystals and substitute a cinnamon stick stirrer for the candy cane.