Sparkle Ball Christmas Treats
Inspired by the sparkle ball used by Santa's elite elves to stop holiday hooligans, these crispy morsels are all aglitter and sure to be a big seller at school bake sales and cookie swaps.
- Medium-size heavy saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Lightly greased baking sheet
- 1.5 tablespoons butter, plus a little extra
- 20 marshmallows
- 3 cups crisped rice cereal
- Sparkly cake/cookie colored decorating sugars (such as Wilton's Shimmer Dust)
1. Melt 1.5 tablespoons of the butter in the saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the marshmallows to the pan and stir constantly until they melt, turning the heat up a bit if necessary. As soon as the marshmallows are completely melted, remove the pan from the heat.
2. Stir the crisped rice into the marshmallow until well coated. Then turn the mixture onto the greased baking sheet to partially cool. When it is no longer too hot to handle but still warm, use clean buttered hands to roll the mixture into bite-size balls.
3. Sprinkle colored decorating sugars on the balls while they are still sticky, and store them in a sealed container until serving time.