Ariel's Red-White-and-Blue Starfish Cookies
Come the July 4th, even Ariel's undersea world is star-spangled. These festive red-white-and-blue sea stars are a blast for Little Mermaid fans to help decorate and serve at your family's holiday barbecue.
- Ariel's Red-White-and-Blue Starfish Cookie Template
- Batch of chilled sugar cookie dough (homemade or store-bought)*
- Rolling pin
- Wax paper
- Baking sheets
- Cooling rack
- Kitchen knife
- Cookie icing (red and blue)
- White sugar pearls (found in the baking aisle of the grocery or craft stores) or similar-looking small white candies
* Note: If the store-bought brand of dough you use is too soft to hold the cookie shapes while baking, you can knead in a little extra flour to stiffen it before rolling it out.Instructions:
1. Print the template and cut out the starfish shape.
2. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Use the template and a knife to cut out a bunch of starfish shapes from the cookie dough. Bake the cookie cutouts according to the recipe directions and let them cool.
3. Working with one starfish cookie at a time, frost the surface with red or blue icing. Then press a line of white sugar pearls or white candies into the icing forming a line in the center of each of the starfish arms. Let the icing set up before serving.