Stormtrooper Mickey Cake
Stormtroopers are the elite soldiers of the Galactic Empire, but this Stormie doesn't look quite so fearsome when he dons an iconic Mickey hat. Celebrate the opening of the new Star Tours attraction at Disneyland and Walt Disney World with this tasty cake that's sure to keep the inter-galactic troops in line.
- Stormtrooper Mickey Cake Template
- 9" x 13" sheet cake, baked from your favorite recipe
- 2 cupcakes
- White frosting
- Dark chocolate frosting
- Black decorator icing
- Black decorator gel
- #10 decorator tip
- Parchment paper
1. To start, print the helmet template, cut it out, and trace it onto parchment paper. Cut the template from the parchment paper and place it on the cooled 9" x 13" cake.
2. Run a sharp knife around the edge of the template. This will score the cake and leave the outline of the template. Remove the template and cut out the helmet shape using a serrated knife. Remove the excess cake.
3. Use a knife to draw a line a few inches from the top of the helmet. Frost the cake with white frosting below the line and chocolate frosting above the line.
4. For the ears of the Mickey hat, frost the top and sides of the cupcakes with chocolate frosting. Place the cupcakes at the top of the helmet.
5. Once the cake is frosted, place a #10 tip on the tube of black decorator icing.
6. Use a knife to lightly outline the stormtrooper's features. You can always smooth the frosting to erase any lines that you don't like.
7. Once you are happy with the outlined features, it's time to use the black decorator icing to pipe on the Stormtrooper's eyes, nose, and mouth. Use the gel icing for finer details, as it has a smoother consistency and the tube has a narrow tip.