Lightning McQueen Cupcakes
No one knows better than Lightning McQueen just how bumpy the road to success can be. Add a few transcontinental twists and turns, and you've got an edge-of-the-seat race to the finish. But rest assured, Lightning's quick -- just watch how fast these cupcakes disappear!
- Batch of frosted cupcakes
- White chocolate candy bar or bar of white baking chocolate
- Red cupcake icing
- Mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate candies with brown shells (such as M&Ms)
- Small chocolate candies with yellow shells (such as M&M Minis)
1. For the windshields, cut small rectangles (about 1- by 1.75-inches) from the white chocolate. Pipe a line of red icing trim along the side and top edges of each rectangle. Then use the tip of a toothpick to "drill" shallow holes where the eyes will go, and gently press mini chocolate chips (tips down) in place. Set the windshields aside until the icing hardens.
2. Working with one cupcake at a time, frost the top with red icing. Gently press a windshield partway down into the center of the cupcake.
3. Press two sets of brown-shelled candies into the frosting on the sides of the cupcake for tires.
4. Add headlights by turning yellow-shelled candies on edge and pressing them into the frosting (a toothpick comes in handy for this). For a mouth, press a small curve of white chocolate into the frosting at the front of the cupcake.