School lunches get a Mickey-inspired makeover, with sandwiches designed to look like everyone's favorite mouse. Fillings can be customized and any dark bread, like Pumpernickel or Dark Rye can be used for Mickey's ears.
- Mickey Sandwich Template
- 2 slices dark rye bread or pumpernickel
- White cheese (such as American or provolone)
- 3 raisins
- Freezer paper
- Sharp knife
1. Print templates and then trace them onto freezer paper.
2. Cut Mickey's head and ears from dark bread, using the template as a guide. Reserve the crusts.
3. Stack turkey and cheese, then trim fillings to size using Mickey's head template. Cut eyes from white cheese using the eye template as a guide.
4. Begin construction of your sandwich by placing Mickey's bread "head" on your plate.
5. Top bread "head" with cheese and turkey. Be sure the turkey is on top -- this will be Mickey's face.
6. Place Mickey's bread "ears" on top of the turkey.
7. Position Mickey's eyes in the center of his face. Add raisin pupils and a raisin nose.
8. For Mickey's mouth, cut a small crescent shape from the reserved crusts of bread.