BBQ Chicken Pizza on Whole Grain White Rice Crust
- Prepare the Uncle Ben's® Whole Grain White Rice Long Grain as instructed on the box. Preheat oven to 425 F degrees and spray a shallow 9-inch by 9-inch baking pan with oil.
- Rinse chickpeas and add 3 to 4 tablespoons water. Puree in food processor until smooth (makes about 1 cup of puree). Leftovers can be kept in refrigerator for up to three days or frozen for up to three months.
- In a mixing bowl combine rice, chickpea puree, egg, cheese, salt and flour. Mix well and press into the prepared baking pan, spreading evenly. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until crust is lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- In a mixing bowl combine chickpea puree (or store-bought hummus) with barbecue sauce. Toss two tablespoons of the sauce mixture with the chicken to be set aside. Spread the remaining barbecue sauce mixture over prepared pizza crust, then sprinkle the cheese and chicken mixture evenly over the crust.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned. Allow to cool a few minutes, then cut into squares and serve.