Pizza Rice Balls
Hands-On Time: 30min
Yield: 8 servings
- Prepare the Uncle Ben's® Whole Grain White Rice Sweet Tomato as instructed on the box.
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees and generously spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- To make the Sneaky Chef Orange Puree, peel, chop and boil sweet potato and carrots for about 20 minutes until tender. Drain the carrots and sweet potatoes and put them in a food processor with two tablespoons of water. Puree on high until smooth – no pieces of vegetables showing. Stop occasionally to push the contents to the bottom. If necessary, use another tablespoon of water to smooth out the puree, but the less water, the better. (Makes about 2 cups of puree. Leftovers can be kept in refrigerator for up to three days, or frozen for up to three months.)
- Whisk together the egg, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the spices, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons Orange Puree, and 2 tablespoons of the oat bran or wheat germ.
- Add cooked rice and mix well.
- Pour remaining Parmesan and oat bran/wheat germ onto a plate and set aside.
- Using damp hands, pinch off about 1 tablespoon of the rice mixture and shape into small balls. Roll each ball in the oat bran or wheat germ and Parmesan mixture, coating fully.
- Gently place the rice balls on the prepared sheet; generously spray the tops of the balls with more cooking spray, and bake for 5 minutes.
- Using a spatula to loosen, turn the rice balls over, and then return them to the oven for another 5 minutes to brown on the other side.
- Serve with salt and pepper as a handheld side dish or dip in marinara sauce.