Kids and adults alike will love these quick, zippy burgers. The beans make the burgers a little fragile, so be careful when taking them off the broiler pan. Make it a meal: Toss a green salad with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette and serve frozen mango slices for dessert.
|Prep Time:||25 minutes|
|Ready in:||25 minutes|
|Ease of Prep:||Easy|
|12 ounces 93%-lean ground beef|
|1 cup refried beans|
|1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro|
|1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapenos|
|1 avocado peeled and pitted|
|1/2 cup prepared salsa|
|1/8 teaspoon garlic powder|
|4 whole-wheat tortillas warmed (see Tip)|
|2 cups shredded romaine lettuce|
|1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese|
|1 lime cut into 4 wedges|
- Position oven rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler. Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Gently combine ground beef, beans, cilantro and jalapenos in a medium bowl (do not overmix). Shape into four 5-by-2-inch oblong patties and place on the prepared pan.
- Broil the patties until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 165°F, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash together avocado, salsa and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Place tortillas on a clean work surface. Spread each with the guacamole, then sprinkle with lettuce and cheese. Top each with a burger and roll into a wrap. Serve immediately, with lime wedges.
Tip: To warm tortillas: Wrap in foil; bake at 300°F until steaming, about 5 minutes. Or wrap in barely damp paper towels and microwave on High for 30 to 45 seconds.
Health Advantages: high fiber, high potassium, high calcium, diabetes appropriate.
|Servings Per Recipe: 4|
|Amount Per serving|
|Calories:||394 cal||Carbohydrate Servings:||2|
|Carbohydrates:||40 g||Dietary Fiber:||10 g||Cholesterol:||67 mg|
|Fat:||17 g||Sodium:||634 mg||Saturated Fat:||6 g|
|Protein:||28 g||Potassium:||810 mg||Monounsaturated Fat:||7 g|
|Nutrition Bonus:||Vitamin C (50% daily value), Vitamin A (45% dv), Fiber & Zinc (40% dv), Folate & Potassium (23% dv), Magnesium (20% dv)|
|Exchanges:||2 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat|