Sesame-Chicken Pot Stickers
- In medium bowl, mix peanut butter, egg, onion powder, sesame oil, soy sauce, carrot, 2 green onions and black pepper until well blended. Stir in chicken until well blended.
- Separate biscuit dough into 8 biscuits; separate each evenly into 2 layers, making 16 biscuit rounds. Press each into 4-inch round. Place 1 heaping tablespoon chicken mixture on center of each dough round. Fold up dough over filling, pinching edges together to form a standing seam along top of each pot sticker. Place 8 pot stickers on cookie sheet; cover and refrigerate.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet with straight sides, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-low heat until mixture is bubbly. Add remaining 8 pot stickers, seam sides up; cook 2 to 5 minutes or until bottoms are light golden brown. Remove skillet from heat; slowly add 1/2 cup broth (be careful--spattering may occur). Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sesame seed. Immediately cover and return to heat; cook 10 minutes--do not uncover. Turn off heat; let stand covered 5 to 7 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; cover tightly. Repeat with remaining pot stickers.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat jam, preserves and red pepper flakes over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until jam and preserves are melted and mixture is boiling. Remove from heat; strain sauce.
- Place pot stickers on serving plate. Drizzle with sauce. Garnish with green onion tops. Serve warm.
- Instead of straining the sauce, use it as a dipping sauce.
What is the Family Approved program?
In Their Opinion:
- Kids Can Help
I was totally surprised that the meat actually cooked inside the dough. I followed the directions to a "T" and it worked! I did overbrown the first batch, so that may be a watchout to add - that they can brown quicky.
Some grating, measuring and mixing made this one fun to do together.