Creamy Mini Tarts
Get the great taste of yummy creamy mini tarts for an easy, crowd-pleasing treat.
- BEAT cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla until blended. Spoon about 2 teaspoons into each mini shell. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- MAKE a slight indentation in the filling using the back of small round measuring spoon. Fill with 1/2 teaspoon preserves. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- FRESH FRUIT: Top mini tarts with fresh fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, bananas, raspberries, cherries, kiwi, grapes or pineapple. Garnish with mint leaves.
- HOT FUDGE: Place 2 tablespoons Smucker's® Hot Fudge Topping into corner of resealable plastic bag. Cut small corner off bag. Squeeze to drizzle over top of mini tarts.
- PRESERVES: Use different flavors of Smucker's® preserves or orange marmalade to create a colorful assortment. Garnish with mint leaves.
- SPECIAL OCCASIONS: Top with various decorator sprinkles or chocolate curls.
- CHOCOLATE: Melt 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Stir into filling until blended. Fill mini shells. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
- PEANUT BUTTER: Stir 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter into filling until smooth and blended. Fill mini shells. Top with foil-wrapped milk chocolate pieces, unwrapped.
- MOCHA: Dissolve completely 2 tablespoons Folger's Instant Coffee Crystals® in lemon juice before adding to cream cheese mixture. Fill mini shells. Top with chocolate curls.
What is the Family Approved program?
In Their Opinion:
- Kid Friendly
- Good for Grownups
- Great for the Holidays
- Kids Can Help
- Perfect for Parties
- Go-To Meal
We loved these! We especially loved the idea of each kid getting to top their own however they wanted to. They loved the creativity they were allowed, and I loved not having to top them all by myself.
Ethan's favorite combo was the banana slice topped with hot chocolate sauce and chocolate chips. Karis: "I like the filling."
No hot surfaces, no knives. This was a great recipe for the kiddos to help with!