Sandwich chains have nothing on me -- these toasted sandwiches are easy to make and far cheaper. The cheese rolled in the center of each slice of lunchmeat ensures a mouthful of gooey goodness in each bite. Use whatever combinations your family likes, the possibilities are endless! One of our favorites is smoked turkey and Havarti with dill cheese.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Split rolls in half horizontally and place on baking sheet cut sides up.
- Toast for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Lay out slices of lunchmeat (3 one-ounce slices per sandwich) and top each with a half-slice of cheese. Roll up and set seam side down on the bottom half of each roll.
- Put meat and cheese topped rolls back in the oven for 5 - 7 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Dress as desired and put tops of rolls back on each sandwich.
What is the Family Approved program?
In Their Opinion:
- Go-To Meal
- Kid Friendly
- Kids Can Help
- Perfect for Parties
This was very fast, easy, and tasty. I really like the toasted sandwiches we get at delis, and this is a good way to replicate it at home. It was easy and straight forward. It'd be simple to make a ton or just a couple.
The sandwiches are great in that each one can be customized. I love how easy it was to get great toasted bread. We used cheddar cheese and ham for all of them, and added lettuce and tomatoes for the adults. For a picky eater, give lots of options -- meats, cheese, veggies, dressings.
Joaquin ate 1 1/2 sandwiches! He added mustard to his. "I like these. I want more!"