Cheesy Chicken and Tomato Bruschetta Turnovers
Store-bought ingredients make this extra flavorful turnover a snap to make. Six-ingredient-easy, it's ready in just over half an hour and special enough to serve to company. Instructions for appetizer-sized turnovers are included.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove meat from chicken and chop -- you need 2 cups. Save leftover chicken and carcass for other recipes.
- Unfold puff pastry and cut each sheet into 4 even squares.
- Beat egg and water until frothy and brush the outer edge of each square with mixture.
- Mound in the center of each pastry square: 1/4 cup chicken, 1 tablespoon each of bruschetta, Parmesan and mozzarella.
- Fold pastry over diagonally, making a triangle, and press the edges well to seal. Brush the top of each pastry with egg wash and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling at the edges.
- For appetizer-sized turnovers: Cut each pastry sheet into 8 squares and top each with a tablespoon of chicken and a teaspoon each of bruschetta, Parmesan and mozzarella. Brush with egg wash and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling at the edges. Makes 16 appetizers.
What is the Family Approved program?
In Their Opinion:
- Go-To Meal
- Good for Grownups
- Budget Friendly
- Kid Friendly
- Kids Can Help
- Perfect for Parties
We love that you can customize these for whoever is eating with you -- my dad suggested making some with bbq chicken or spicy salsa. These will be great for parties as appetizers.
Joaquin: "I love, love, love it. It was delicious. Delish!"
This was super easy and quick to prep. You can make just what you need or more to freeze. My kids loved it, my parents liked it, as did Juan and I. I've already made it again. (I haven't yet dared to check the nutritional stats on the puff pastry, however…)