Huli Huli Chicken
Huli Huli Chicken is authentic Hawaiian cuisine and highly coveted, spurring Hawaiians and vacationers alike to spend weekends seeking out Huli Huli stands. Make your own at home and savor the taste of the islands in your own backyard. It's said the the real deal is grilled only, but I've included broiler instructions for year-round enjoyment.
- Combine marinade ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Brush chicken halves with marinade and grill over medium-hot coals, turning once every 5 minutes and basting with marinade each time.
- Grill for a total of 40 minutes.
- Preheat broiler and put broiler pan on the lowest setting.
- Broil chicken halves for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes.
- Brush chickens with marinade and continue broiling, turning once every 5 minutes and basting with marinade, for another 20 minutes — 40 minutes total.
What is the Family Approved program?
In Their Opinion:
- Good for Grownups
- Go-To Meal
- Kids Can Help
I would double the marinade recipe. I put more on the chicken while cooking it, and more to serve on the side would be good, too.
I served it with a seasoned rice, corn, applesauce and watermelon. Crowd pleaser all the way around. Everyone liked it quite well, it wasn't too difficult to prepare, it was healthy!