Grandma Sharp's Brownies
This is one of my most cherished recipes -- a true comfort to me. These are my grandma's brownies. I have no idea where she happened upon this recipe, but I've never had any like this and don't expect to.
- In two 8x8 baking pans (grandma always used metal pans), melt 1 stick of margarine in each.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar and cocoa.
- Add the melted butter from both pans and the 4 eggs, and mix well.
- Blend in the flour and mini marshmallows.
- Distribute batter evenly into both 8x8 pans.
- Bake both pans at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until puffy and slightly browned on top.
What is the Family Approved program?
In Their Opinion:
- Kid Friendly
- Good for Grownups
- Perfect for Parties
- Budget Friendly
- Great for the Holidays
- Kids Can Help
I will have to limit myself to making these when we will be sharing them with other people. I have a brownie weakness—it's the perfect combination of chocolate and gooey deliciousness that makes me swoon.
The boys loved them and they were fun to make, so it's a great play date dessert (when served with strawberries for the appearance of modeling healthy eating habits!).
I want to make these again after typing up our review!