Chocolate Covered Pretzel Sticks
My kids love chocolate covered pretzels, but they can be very expensive so, if we purchased them, they would get very little and were never satisfied. I now make my own and save a ton of money.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Stir until smooth.
- Dip half of the pretzel stick into the chocolate. (If it starts to get thick, warm in the microwave for 8-10 seconds.)
- Dip the coated end of the pretzel into sprinkles, nuts, tinted shredded coconut, or anything for extra color. Stand up in a glass or lay on a cookie sheet (prepared with cooking spray or lined with waxed paper) until set.
- Choose sprinkle colors to celebrate holidays, like red and white for Valentine's Day or orange and brown for Halloween.
- Place in a colored cellophane bag with a sparkly twist-tie for a presentation that will rival those from boutique-type candy stores.
- Lay the pretzels in a box lined with waxed paper. Have your child decorate the box's cover with stickers, drawings, or even photos to personalize your gift.
What is the Family Approved program?
In Their Opinion:
- Kid Friendly
- Good for Grownups
- Perfect for Parties
- Budget Friendly
- Great for the Holidays
- Kids Can Help
LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! These Chocolate Covered Pretzel Sticks!! Why did I not think of these sooner? The whole family absolutely loved these scrumptous little tasty pretzels.They are so fun to make. And even more fun to eat! We meant to make enough to take in the boys school lunches, but we accidently ate the whole plate last night while watching the Australian Tennis Open.
These pretzels would be really fun to make for any holiday event. Red, Pink and White sprinkels for Valentines Day, Red and Green Sprinkles for Christmas, Pastel Sprinkles for Easter and Black and Orange for Halloween for example. For a Super Bowl Party you could make them in the team colors you are rooting for. Or they would be fun for your childs classroom party, or to take as the birthday treat for your childs classroom. Much healthier than a big frosted cupcake. And I am sure the children would love to see the pretty sprinkles.
Try decadent chocolates and nuts for a more "grown up" pretzel. We simply could not stop eating them!