Italian Turkey Sliders with Honey Dijon Mayo
Sliders are very popular right now and this version made with ground turkey and baked rather than fried is not only good, but good for you. My kids ate these like there was no tomorrow and even the pickiest of them finished his plate without a complaint. Served with baked Parmesan fries this was the perfect 'fast food' meal and the cost per slider is about 45 cents -- that's good, too.
- Combine ground turkey, cheese and all seasonings. Mix together well.
- Shape turkey into 16 small patties.
- Place patties on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 - 10 minutes or until cooked through. Be careful not to cook too long or they will become dried out.
- Combine mayonnaise with honey Dijon mustard and stir until well blended.
- Place on rolls and top with honey Dijon mayo.
What is the Family Approved program?
In Their Opinion:
- Go-To Meal
- Good for Grownups
- Kid Friendly
- Kids Can Help
We each had a slider with the honey dijon mayo and another with condiments of choice. Each of us had a different preference (easy enough on that one)!!
Bethany liked the sliders with the sauce from the recipe. "These are the cutest little mini-hamburgers! And they're kinda tangy," she said.
Jacob preferred his with ketchup, rather than the honey dijon mayo (which is fair, considering I was sneaking the mayo in on this one). Heather doesn't usually eat two of ANYTHING but with plain ol' yellow mustard instead of the honey dijon mayo, she finished both sliders without any prompting!