Nutty Apricot Oatmeal
A nutty version of a nutritious classic.
Yield: Makes 2 servings, 6 ounces of milk per servingIngredients
1 1/2 cups fat free or lowfat milk
1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup fat free or lowfat milk, warmed
4 teaspoons slivered almonds
- In a medium saucepan, bring milk, apricots, brown sugar, and cinnamon to a gentle boil.
- Add extract and oatmeal, mix to coat grains, return to simmer, lower heat, and cook uncovered for 5 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
- Portion into two bowls, pour warmed milk over top, and sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Nutrition Analysis (per serving)
- Total Fat
- 5 g
- 0 g
- 57 g >
- 6 g
- 5 mg
- 16 g
- 120 mg
- 270 mg (25% of daily value)
*Nutrition figures based on using fat free milk.