Yield: 30 tartletsIngredients
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup finely chopped leeks
1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
30 store-bought, pre-baked miniature phyllo tart shells (in frozen section of grocery store)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange the 30 tartlet shells on a baking sheet greased with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the leeks and onion and stir frequently. Cook until softened, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set the mixture aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the cooled onion and leek mixture and whisk vigorously.
- Pour or spoon the egg mixture into the prepared tartlet shells.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the egg is set and the tart shells are golden brown.
- Serve the tartlets warm or at room temperature.