Yield: 4-6 servingsIngredients
8 chicken pieces (preferably 2 breasts, 2 thighs, 2 legs and 2 wings)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
4 cups cornflakes, crushed
2/3 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
3/4 teaspoon ground sage
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet liberally with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse the chicken in cold water; pat dry.
- In a wide bowl or on a plate, season the flour with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Dredge each chicken piece through the flour so it's fully coated, tap against the bowl to shake off excess flour and set aside. Discard the flour.
- Pour the crushed flakes into a wide bowl or onto a plate.
- In a large bowl (big enough to dredge the chicken pieces), mix the buttermilk, mustard, cayenne pepper, paprika and sage. Give each floured chicken piece a good buttermilk bath and then roll in the cornflake crumbs.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on the baking sheet and place in the hot oven. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Then lower the heat to 375 degrees and cook for another 25 to 30 minutes, until cooked through and crispy. The juices should run clear when the meat is pierced with a knife.
Text MENU to DISNEY (347639) to view this recipe and get the 'on the go' shopping list on your mobile device, for free*
*Msg & data rates may apply. If you're under 18, get your parents' permission first.