Yield: 4-6 servingsIngredients
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons store-bought Thai peanut sauce
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 whole chicken breast, or 2 half breasts (or 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
1/2 head Napa cabbage (1 pound or 8 cups thinly sliced cabbage)
1 cup shredded carrots (about 3 large carrots)
2 green onions, thinly sliced, plus 1 green onion, thinly sliced for garnish
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
12 rice paper wraps
- For the dressing, in a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, sesame oil, Thai peanut sauce and sugar. Set aside.
- To poach the chicken, in a medium saucepan bring 8 cups of water up to a boil. Add the chicken and bring down to a simmer. Simmer the chicken for 40 minutes until fully cooked and tender. Remove the chicken from the water and set aside on a plate to cool.
- In the meantime, in a medium bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, 2 sliced green onions, and sesame seeds.
- Using 2 forks, shred the cooled chicken and add to the bowl with the salad.
- Add the dressing and mix, making sure the salad is nicely coated.
- In a wide, shallow bowl filled with hot water, put a rice paper wrap into the water. Press the wrap down so it is fully submerged in the water. Remove when softened. Place the softened wrap flat onto a damp work surface.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of the Thai chicken salad onto the bottom 1/3 of the wrap. Fold over the left and right sides of the wrap inward about 1 inch. Working from the bottom up, tightly roll the wrap.
- Repeat with the remaining Thai chicken salad and arrange on a platter.
- Garnish the spring rolls with the remaining sliced green onion. Serve alongside a bowl of Thai peanut sauce for dipping.
Text MENU to DISNEY (347639) to view this recipe and get the 'on the go' shopping list on your mobile device, for free*
*Msg & data rates may apply. If you're under 18, get your parents' permission first.