Yield: 18 Madeleine-BiscuitsIngredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of white pepper
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup whole milk
2 cups sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
Special equipment: 1 12-count 3-inch non-stick madeleines pan
- Using non-stick cooking spray, grease the molds of the Madeleine pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, white pepper and salt).
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until thick and smooth. Add the melted butter, sour cream and milk. Whisk until fully combined.
- Add the egg, sugar and milk mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir to combine. The batter will be thick.
- Add the white cheddar cheese and mix gently until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared Madeleine molds, filling each one half way and then shaping the batter loosely into the mold.
- Bake for 12 minutes until the Madeleines are golden.
- Cool on a wire rack, scalloped side down.