Yield: 4 servingsIngredients
1 1/2 cups multi-grain or whole grain store-bought pancake mix
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 1/4 cups low-fat milk, warmed slightly
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
Fresh or frozen raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries
- Preheat a griddle or large non-stick sauté pan over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix and lemon zest.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the warm, low-fat milk and beaten eggs.
- Make a well in the center of the flour-lemon zest mixture and pour in the milk and eggs, as well as the chopped pecans. Whisk until just combined.
- On the hot griddle or sauté pan, grease the surface with cooking spray.
- Spoon 1/4-cupfuls of the pancake batter onto the hot griddle being careful to leave space in between the pancakes.
- Cook the pancakes until small bubbles appear and the underside becomes golden, about 3 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook for 1-2 minutes more until golden brown.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes onto a plate or serving platter. Serve hot with fresh berries, butter, and maple syrup, if desired.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
Text MENU to DISNEY (347639) to view this recipe and get the 'on the go' shopping list on your mobile device, for free*
*Msg & data rates may apply. If you're under 18, get your parents' permission first.