Yield: 4 to 6 servingsIngredients
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 cup chopped red onion
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
2 lbs. lean ground turkey
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 envelopes pre-packaged chili spice mix
Pinch of cayenne pepper, to taste
1 (28 oz.) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes in juices
1 1/2 cups jarred spicy tomato sauce
1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup beef broth or dark beer
2 tablespoons honey or brown sugar
Shredded Monterey Jack or mild cheddar cheese, for garnish
2 green onions, chopped – using both white and green parts, for garnish
Sour cream, for garnish
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large, heavy pot or in a Dutch oven.
- Add the onions, garlic, and bell pepper. Sauté until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add the ground turkey, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili spice, and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the turkey is browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer on a low heat for 1 hour until the chili is thick and flavorful.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, ladle the chili into individual serving bowls. Garnish with shredded cheese, green onions, and sour cream.
Text MENU to DISNEY (347639) to view this recipe and get the 'on the go' shopping list on your mobile device, for free*
*Msg & data rates may apply. If you're under 18, get your parents' permission first.