Yield: 30 mini cupcakesIngredients
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups vegetable oil
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 tablespoon red food coloring
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
3/4 cups granulated sugar
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Fresh raspberries for garnish
1 24-cup mini muffin tin with white, paper mini cupcake liners.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, sift the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt). Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the wet ingredients (oil, buttermilk, egg, food coloring, vanilla extract, vinegar, and sugar) until combined and smooth.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients. Increase the speed to medium and beat until the batter is smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Fill each of the cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way up.
- Bake the cupcakes in the oven for 20 to 22 minutes until puffed and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the muffin tins and placing on a cooling rack for an additional 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, for the frosting, in a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or with a hand mixer.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the powdered sugar until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Using a small offset spatula, scrape out about a tablespoon of frosting and decorate each cupcake. Garnish with fresh raspberries and serve.
Text MENU to DISNEY (347639) to view this recipe and get the 'on the go' shopping list on your mobile device, for free*
*Msg & data rates may apply. If you're under 18, get your parents' permission first.