Yield: 4 servingsIngredients
4 cups of watermelon, peeled, seeded, and cubed
1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, and small diced
1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and small diced
1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and small diced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and small diced
3 hearts of celery, small diced
1/2 small red onion, diced
1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, finely chopped
1 lime, halved and juiced
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
Crème fraiche for garnish
- In a blender, puree the cubed watermelon until smooth. Pour pureed watermelon into a large bowl.
- Into the bowl of pureed watermelon, add the cucumber, bell peppers, jalapeno pepper, celery, red onion, herbs, lime juice, herbs, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Cover the gazpacho with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Season with salt, to taste.
- Ladle the gazpacho into individual serving bowls and dollop with a spoonful of crème fraiche.