YOU-nique Talent Show
Fortifying the character of our children (and ourselves) is an important mission. One way to embark upon said mission is to investigate what makes each family member wonderfully original, strong and engaging. And then celebrate these findings by hosting a "YOU-nique Talent Show" in your own living room! (Applause sign appears. Crowd goes wild!)
- Begin with a brainstorming session to help everyone see themselves in a new light. Prompt ideas with a variety of questions from serious: Who are our ancestors? What makes our family unique? To diverting: Who has memorized a poem or can tell a joke? Who can balance an object on their head?
- See if there's a way to link the deep dive into family history with an individual's unique talent. For example, inspired by my Irish history, I dug up a hidden talent for "playing" the bagpipes!
- Next determine the day, time and place for the show and help your kids (and their friends- there's room for many in a variety show) make a marquee or posters, programs, tickets and determine a stage. Allow time for each "act" to rehearse and properly prepare for the show. Considerations include costumes, props, music. What else?
- Select an MC for the occasion and then raise the curtain! Oh! Be sure to record the event with photos or video.
- Conclude the show with a big hand for all the stars and their terrific YOU-nique flair!
Make this a yearly tradition!
See more crafts and activities from from Courtney's 'Possibility Shop'