Backyard Light Ball
Light up the outdoors with this easy and decorative dangler! Hang it from a tree or post as an added touch for your next backyard picnic or barbecue.
- 50 -- 9-oz. Solo® Clear Plastic Cups
- 2 -- 50-count Indoor/Outdoor Mini Lights (pick colors to match your party theme)
- 5/16" Staples
- Slowly drill a 3/8-inch hole in the center of the bottom of each Solo® cup.
- Lay 12 Solo® cups side by side, forming a ring. Where 2 cup sides touch, staple together near rim.
- Place 9 Solo® cups on their sides on top of the first layer. Staple each cup to the cup next to it and under it, remembering to staple near rim.
- Add 4 more Solo® cups to complete 1/2 of the Backyard Light Ball.
- Repeat steps 1-4 to make the other 1/2 of the Backyard Light Ball. (Do not attach halves together yet.)
- Install lights by pushing 2 lights through each of the cups. Cups may crack (this is ok). Connect the light sets from each ball half.
- Place halves together and staple contacting cups near rim. Leave the plug hanging out.
- Close gaps in the ball by adding more staples.
- For hanging, make a loop with a wire or ribbon and attach with staples.