Disney Villians & Princess' Castle Cake
- Contest Photo by: BigMamaFolk
- Houston, TX
2-3 cake mixs
cans of frosting & tubes
flower & leaf making tools
tools to make the door too
a pink bendie straw & twistie tie to attach tink
princess figures come with the kit
you will need to purchase villians & tink separate
photo of your child for inside the frame
candles & flower holders
large pan to create it in
a large freezer shelf to harden at the end
You can buy the castle kit on line. Purchase Disney figures & toys. you will need the large pan to decorate in. Make the cakes using the kit instructions put cake together. Prepare the flower cup cakes for the bushes, ice them in green. You will add your child's photo to the frame that came with the kit. Create flowers & leaves. Write on cake & make scallop effects. Make the door with gray or pale blue icing (may have to pre freeze it to add it). Make & add bushes in the same manor. Now add the princesses, villians, & Tink. To add Tink use the pink straw add her using a twistie tie through a hole carefully. Then place the straw in the back of the cake/castle behind frame very carefully. This gives her a flying over the castle effect. Lastly add the flower holders & candles. You can add any extra flowers, etc if needed. Place in the freezer for several hours or overnight. Finally enjoy the smile on your child as well as the others.
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cake is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash. To brighten up your space for non-flash photos,
- You can use a silver platter or other reflective surface under your cake.
- Try shooting your cake at a slight angle to give it a sense of depth and perspective. Find the most interesting element and make it a focal point.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!