Cinderella Castle Cake
- Contest Photo by: DisneyFamily_Team
Several colored tints
Ice cream sugar cones
Disney Princess Figurines
Bake several cakes in rectangle pans. Freeze. After thawing but still cool, cut into desired shapes to build the castle structure. My daughter built tunnels inside of the cake for the plastic princesses to use.
Roll out and cover the cake with fondant after tinting to desired colors. Embellish with candies and marshmallows. Roll sugar cones in frosting, then sugar crystals and adhere to top of cake. The doorbell was made out of a rainbow fruit strip.
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cake is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash. To brighten up your space for non-flash photos,
- You can use a silver platter or other reflective surface under your cake.
- Try shooting your cake at a slight angle to give it a sense of depth and perspective. Find the most interesting element and make it a focal point.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!